In the framework of the project “Equality and Gender Mainstreaming Across Borders”, supported by the EU as part of the IPA instrument for cross border cooperation with Kosovo, the Association for Advancement of Gender Equality Akcija Zdruzhenska hereby announces:
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
for financial support for actions of civil organizations advocating gender equality
The Request for Applications provides a fund in the total amount of Euro 10 000, out of which 2 small grants in the amount of Euro 5000 will be awarded for financial support of actions aimed at promoting women’s interests and participation in the local community and advocating gender equality to the local authorities.
The grants will be awarded to civil organizations with a program focus on the promotion of gender equality and women’s rights.
The organizations that will take part in the Request for Applications must be registered and act in compliance with the Law on Associations of Citizens and Foundations in the region encompassing the municipalities of Gostivar, Vrapchishte, Mavrovo and Rostushe, Tetovo, Bogovinje, Brvenica, Zhelino, Jegunovce and Tearce.
The financial support is awarded in view of enhancing their capacities for mobilization of support from various stakeholders in the community and implementing initiatives for introducing the gender equality principle in the policies and practices of the municipalities in which they are active. In addition, the support should contribute to establishing relations and cooperation with similar organizations from Kosovo.
In function of strengthening the cooperation and promoting gender equality on the regional level, the organizations will be involved in events for cross border linking and networking with organizations form Kosovo, exchanging information and experiences and debates with various interested stakeholders from both sides of the border.
- Description of the project “Equality and Gender Mainstreaming Across Borders”
The purpose of the project “Equality and Gender Mainstreaming Across Borders” is to establish a cross border network of women’s organizations active in the field of gender integration on the local and regional level.
Objectives of the project:
- Strengthening of the local organizations for advanced application of the principle of gender equality mainstreaming;
- Increasing the organizational capacities of the local women’s organizations in the region covered by the project;
- Technical support of their monitoring role;
- Improved media coverage of women related topics on both local and national level.
Local NGOs and women in the areas covered by the project in the cross-border region, local and national media,
Institutions on the local and national level
Preparatory activities, Promotional event in Kosovo, preparation of a web site in Macedonian and Albanian languages; Conduct/web presentations of topical researches; Preparation of a Manual for the EU gender equality policies, Trainings for women NGOs; Provision of a continuous support/mentorship for local women NGOs, Organization of topical round tables; Re-granting financial support for projects of organizations from Macedonia and Kosovo; Regional conferences in Macedonia and Kosovo, Closing event in Macedonia.
The cross border region covers the municipalities:
Macedonia- Gostivar, Vrapchishte, Mavrovo and Rostushe, Tetovo, Bogovinje, Brvenica, Zhelino, Jegunovce and Tearce) and
Kosovo – Prizren, Suhareka, Malisheva, Dragash, Rahovec and Mamusha
The project is implemented by:
Akcija Zdruzhenska – Skopje and the Kosovo Gender Studies Center – Prishtina in partnership with Community Development Institute – Tetovo and the Centre for Counselling and Support for Women Dora Dorës – Prizren
- Content of the proposed actions
The actions of the organizations that will be supported under this Request for Applications for awarding grants should be focused on active promotion and advocacy of gender equality in the work of the local self-government.
The organizations that participate in the Request for Applications should propose actions that:
- Increase the visibility of the issues of gender equality and women’s rights in the local community;
- Identify women’s priority needs and problems in these communities, develop and propose solutions to the local authorities;
- Empower /strengthen the marginalized/vulnerable groups of women;
- Mobilize and provide support from beneficiaries, relevant local institutions, volunteers and the media in resolving women’s problems and needs in the local community;
- Promote local and cross border cooperation.
The actions may involve any activities that will ensure a creative and rational approach to accomplishing the goals and priorities under this Call.
The funding priority will be given to the proposals that encourage common action of civil organizations in promoting gender equality and women’s rights in the local community and that include activities for networking and exchanging experiences with women’s organizations from Kosovo.
The organizations that will submit their applications to this Request may propose actions to be implemented in cooperation with other registered organizations and/or informal groups.
- Instructions for participation in the Request
The civil associations that submit their applications to this RFA must be registered and active in the municipalities listed above for a minimum of one year prior to the date of its announcement.
Actions that are being implemented under ongoing projects of the organizations funded by other donors cannot be proposed under this RFA.
The Request for Applications does not allow participation of political parties, profit organizations and civil organizations that promote or use violence.
The actions should be conducted in duration of 6 months within the period January – June 2016. This period also includes the activities for preparation of a detailed implementation plan and the final narrative and financial report.
The application must be submitted by one organization – Lead organization that will sign the grant contract (enclosed with the RFA) if the proposed action is selected for funding.
The grant shall be awarded in the maximum amount of Euro 5000 in Denar currency on the bank account of the Lead organization. The proposed budget must not exceed the maximum amount under no circumstances, neither account for less than 10% of the maximum amount.
The Lead organization will bear the sole responsibility for the implementation of the activities and the payments in compliance with the budget for the action. Transfer of the awarded grant funds to other legal entities is not permitted, unless it is used to pay for services directly linked with the implementation of the activities. The awarded grant funds must not be used for paying VAT.
The applications must be submitted only by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 16 October 2015.
Each application must contain the following documents:
- Application form available at www.zdruzenska.org.mk. The form includes the following forms:
А. Application form in Macedonian,
- B. Executive summary form in English,
- C. Draft budget form. The budget must be planned according to the expenditures allowed for in the budget form.
The forms must be filled in by computer, hand written applications shall not be taken into consideration.
- Copy of the decision for registration of the organization issued by the Central Registry of the Republic of Macedonia
- CVs of the key staff to be involved in the project implementation
- Consent of the organization and partners for participation in events organized under the project “Equality and Gender Mainstreaming Across Borders” which are in function of cross border linking and networking with organizations from Kosovo, exchanging information and experiences and debates with different stakeholders from both sides of the border.
- A Memorandum for Cooperation signed by the organizations involved in the action which is conducted in partnership of two or more organizations.
Akcija Zdruzhenska retains the right to request additional information for the proposals or the applicants if it is deemed necessary for the evaluation process.
All organizations that have submitted their applications will be notified in writing about the results of the Request for Applications.
A meeting will be organized for all organizations grantees and partner organizations for further explanation of the rights and obligations arising from the awarding of the financial support.
For any additional queries or explanations please contact in writing at email@example.com.